In Edinburgh’s thriving foodie scene, any new player faces the same major challenge – how to cut through.
Newly refurbished Pier Brasserie in Newhaven boasted beautiful interiors, fabulous views – and was led by Mark Patonyi, one of Edinburgh’s best restaurant managers, and the renowned former “front of house” at Martin Wishart’s The Honours.
With an outstanding chef, talented team, dedication to quality produce, inventive menu and excellent drinks selection, Pier Brasserie lacked just one thing: buzz.
Our team of food and drink PR experts were drafted in to help transform the new restaurant’s profile from unknown newcomer, into talked about, must-visit venue.
To do that we devised and delivered an integrated campaign, blending media relations, social media, event management and influencer outreach.
To help Pier Brasserie flourish and become one of the city’s favourite food and drink settings, Holyrood PR was tasked boosting public awareness of the new restaurant.
Our campaign had to build buzz ahead of the launch, sustain it afterwards – and make sure the launch event itself would be both memorable and talked about.
Working with Mark and his team we set targets which would make success easily measurable, including:
• At least 20 pre-vetted journalists, influencers and local VIPs in attendance at a successful launch
• 20% above forecast of covers booked during soft launch and opening fortnight
• 15 items of positive media coverage
• 1000 organically earned followers across Facebook and Instagram
• At least 20 self-uploaded on social media
• Dedicated hashtag used by at least 20 influential Instagram accounts
What we did
• We partnered with the Edinburgh Evening News for an exclusive first-look inside Pier Brasserie.Our before and after video captured its transformation and the story reached local, regional, business and food and drink publications.
• We managed the restaurant’s social accounts, following local influencers and delivering a content planner packed with teasers, competitions, videos and photos.
• By identifying best performing content, we tailored accordingly. Highlights included a Valentine’s Competition via promoted posts on Facebook – coinciding with the restaurant’s opening on February 14.
• We compiled a guest list of journalists, influencers and others for the launch event, designed the e-invite and managed guests on the evening. Our video team filmed the event for social media.
• Post launch we created a “Mark’s Moment” piece focusing on the owner’s fascinating back story. To maintain momentum we conceived a postcode-based 10% discount for nearby residents
• A month after opening we started securing food reviewers.
• 80 News articles
• 746,350 Opportunities to see
• 42 Invited VIPs and influencers attending
• 50 On the night mentions by Instagram influencers
• 7,000 Views of pre-launch video
• 2,100 Followers in just six weeks